Pages

Saturday, August 17, 2013

Third Party

My wonderful oldest child, TJ, has graciously allowed me to purchase his "old" iPod Touch from him, as he is wanting to upgrade to some techno-toy that's far more expensive.

I see this as my opportunity to bridge the gap (that seems to only be getting wider with time) between myself and the world wide web.

Obviously, I'm somewhat familiar with the internet. I have a blog, for heaven's sake!

However, overall, I prefer in-person communication, like phone calls or hanging out -- something about the instantaneous interaction.

Funny, isn't it, that this young generation is all about instant gratification, but at least they can wait for their texts to get typed and read and typed back. Must be their saving grace.

Anywho.

I also like the feel of old-fashioned paper and pen versus modern digital what-not.  There's a material comfort of its probable permanence versus the ever-hovering possibility of all things digital disappearing into the nanosphere of nothingness, like a black-hole... AAAAaaaaahhhh...

So, anyways, again...

I am now an iPod owner, trying to get everything figured out on it. I think in the long run, once this top-heavy transition is made, it will be worth it and things really will be simpler.... We shall see!

Luckily, this iPod's former owner lives with me and is able to take the time to get me familiar with its ins-and-outs.

Unluckily, he's rather short-tempered when it comes to teaching and being taught... it's one of the curses of being so smart.

He's workin' on it -- and one of the things that helps is having a Third Party.

Everyone likes a party, right?

Especially one that makes life more pleasant and helps us all get along and have more fun together!

So, in the case of my son's frustrations with my techno-cluelessness, Daddy gets to be the hero and throw the party -- the Third Party.

TJ and I have agreed on a hand signal for when we're frustrated with each other and our seeming incapability to make one another understand. It's like the peace sign, but with a third finger raised, too -- asking for a Third Party.

Sometimes, we don't get around to making the signal, though, because Daddy notices before we do that things are getting heated and we need to chill out with a Third Party.

We calm down. We choose patience and peace. We love each other again... Yeah, Third Party is awesome!



No comments:

Post a Comment