Pages

Saturday, April 6, 2013

A New Way to Post (for Me!)

Well, today I am taking my blog to a new level!  I am actually going to use the HTML part of the blogger dashboard so that I can include a WIDGET.  This will be exciting! Stay with me here and see if it works...

I've never claimed to be particularly genius in anything (which is why I call my blog the Clueless Mama), let alone technology. So forgive me if the WIDGET doesn't do what it is supposed to do. I'll give you a quick summary of what you are supposed to see so that you'll be able to know if I've accomplished my task.

You see, I am blessed to have the Gospel of Jesus Christ in my life -- in its fullness!! It's thrilling to KNOW that God (aka our Heavenly Father) lives and loves us and has a Plan of Salvation for us, on a personal scale as well as universally.

How can someone KNOW that God lives?! Especially if Science has been working hard to grind faith into dust?

Well, for one thing, I pray. I feel His love as He listens and answers through the Holy Spirit -- a wonderful warmth in my heart.

Secondly, I read scripture. Yes, the Bible. And also the Book of Mormon, Another Testament of Jesus Christ. I'm a Mormon! I know the doctrine is true, I live it, and I love it!

Are you curious about Mormons? Well, I just gave a clue as to why we're called Mormons (that additional book of scripture) but really the name of the church is The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. We have a living prophet -- yeah, PROPHET, like those that wrote the Bible! His name is Thomas S. Monson! There is a Quorum of Twelve Apostles (just like Christ himself had Twelve Apostles during his mortal ministry). And this weekend, they are all speaking for our General Conference.

You can watch from the comfort of your own home and quench your own curiosity! (Although I'm also happy to answer any questions you might have -- feel free to email me personally at reganbarnes at hotmail!)

Now for the WIDGET... (if I can manage...)


No comments:

Post a Comment