Pages

Monday, March 11, 2013

And yet another acronym...

Well, I've taken time to briefly introduce you, friendly reader, to each element of my happy C.L.A.P. acronym! QUICK QUIZ: can you remember what each letter stands for??? Here are some hints:

C - we would rather say "Bless Our House" but it doesn't work with the acronym
L - innate from birth, yet a sad distaste grows for it as the child grows...
A - one of the few things over which we truly have complete control
P - why calendars were invented

How did you do? Well, C.L.A.P. for yourself!

Now that I've put forth the foundational aspects of C.L.A.P. for kids, I'll just cycle through and add things as they come up in my household. If I get bored of that, I can also write about Moms R Us (Remember that acronym? -- It's actually TWO acronyms together -- I've really outdone myself this time...) and each element of R.A.I.S.E. and so on and so forth.

Oooohhh, I have another acronym that I made up some years ago when I was Chairmom of the Motherboard of the Successful Mothering Convention. The purposes of the convention were neatly wrapped up in a S.M.I.L.E.

You're just wondering, aren't you.... what could those five letters have hiding behind them???

How about  that be today's blog post?!

Remember my goal to K.I.S.S. -- well, that means I will simply reveal what those letters stand for without going into great detail... in THIS post, anyways! Hopefully the anticipation for more information will keep you coming back!!!

S - Support
M - Motivate
I - Inspire
L - Laugh with
E - Educate

Hmmmm, all this KISS and SMILE stuff is getting my brain thinking about what other activities we do with our lips that could become acronyms...


2 comments:

  1. nice blog. My sister jennifer Shaw sent me over here. I am nearing the end of my first year of blogging. I love it. It keeps me grounded and gives me a place to express what is on my heart. Blogging is an adventure for sure.
    I love the acronyms and that you break each letter up into a different post. People do not read long posts. They skim over them and miss the heart of the post. Several bloggers have said that 500 words is a max for a post. I have tried to keep my posts to the point and I usually rewrite several times and take out about a third of what I have written before I am done. One more thing, when I write several posts in a series; I usually include either a link to the previous posts, or a short recap so that a reader who may not have been following along can get up to speed with me. Good luck in blogging.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you, happy momma! Great advice. I haven't tried to find a readership yet because I wanted to get in the habit of blogging and have some content available -- and comments like these are INVALUABLE as I tweak my style and try to make it reader-friendly. Not only am I a Clueless Mama, but I'm a Clueless Blogger too -- and the whole point of being Clueless is to get a Clue!!! So thanks again!

    ReplyDelete