Pages

Monday, July 8, 2013

My Wonderful Weeders

I'm so proud of my kiddos -- they help me every day with weeding. Our yard REALLY needs it... so it's quite gratifying for us to get out there and make a measurable difference. It helps that I give them fudgesicles afterwards, too!

Today, sweet three-year-old got out there and told me he was going to earn a fudgesicle. I got to pulling weeds and after about twenty minutes called out quittin' time. Three-year-old started crying!

"Why are you crying, sweetie?"

"Because I didn't work yet, so I won't get a fudgesicle!"

"Well, hurry up and pull some weeds!"

"No!" (Tantrum)

It occurred to me that this might be a behavioral pattern to break starting now! Life can be quite disappointing for procrastinators, and such disappointment is multiplied many times over for procrastinators who won't work under the pressure of a final deadline opportunity.

I've been known to procrastinate. Perhaps it's hereditary... I've also been known, though, to pack a lot of power into those last few hours/minutes before time is UP. I hope three-year-old can be inspired to choose more wisely in the future.

His sister helped him succeed today. She was able to calm him down and get him out there filling a bucket. Thank goodness for angels like her in my own life who have soothed the stress and encouraged the final success...

I'm blessed with such good kids!

No comments:

Post a Comment