Pages

Thursday, April 4, 2013

April Fools!

Today's post is dedicated to my maternal grandmother, may she rest in peace. She was the victim of some yucky April Fool's pranks by her older brother (like caramel-covered onions and chocolate-covered cotton balls) but she only did cute little April Fool's pranks, like telling us our cat (who was a male) had had kittens.

Since I *really* wanted to pull a good April Fool's day prank, I was li'l miss Smarty Pants and pulled it on April Fourth! Tee hee!

Okay, so in reality, I just hadn't planned in advance (one of my many faults is lack of foresight) but still didn't want to miss the opportunity. And, hey, I'm no slave to the calendar -- I can't be held back just because of the date! 

Wanna see? (I'm not worried about the lack of originality. These ideas are all over the internet. But they aren't any fun for my family if they stay out there in that worldwide web! I actually embrace the concept of being a copycat... not in a dishonest way, but in an imitation-is-the-best-compliment kind of way!)


"So, Mom, what's for dinner?" 
"Cake!"


 
But it was really meatloaf! Covered in mashed potatoes, with the writing done in ketchup. Yum!
Most memorable moment: when my three year old licked the "frosting" and said, "Yummm!" and, later, was half-way done with his portion of "cake," and said, quite flatly... "This is meat."


We also had mud pie for dessert... complete with worms...



Mid-worm

Did you have to include the worms, Mom?

Okay, so this is not a candid shot. This guy is my poser -- and he's good at it!
Lip-smackin' good!

Excuse me, but this tastes nothing like the mud pies I make in the backyard! And I can tell your worms are FAKES.

1 comment: