Pages

Tuesday, November 26, 2013

Cuppa Reese's

As a Mormon, I don't drink coffee. Nope, no cuppa Joe for me...

And that's okay!  ...because if I were dependent on THAT cuppa, I may never have invented THIS cuppa:


I call it: Cuppa Reese's!

It doesn't actually have any Reese's in it, so maybe I'm breaking some kind of trademark laws or something. But it does have chocolate and peanut butter in it, so really I am honoring the genius of the Reese's people by naming this concoction after their incredible delectable combination of ingredients.

Two things separate my recipe from the Reese's product:
It's drinkable!
It's good for me!

So, guess what we start with? If you're familiar with how I do my smoothies, you'll guess the first couple of ingredients:

Handful of spinach (so we're strong to the finish!) -- stuffed down into the bottom of the blender

1/4 to 1/3 C. Almond milk (or other -- coconut would be yummy!)

Frozen Banana Chunks ( like about 1 and 1/2 banana's-worth)

1/4 cup of cocoa powder (I'm also willing to go halfsies on this with carob)

1/3-1/2 cup of peanut butter

1 tsp vanilla extract

A tablespoon or two of Udo's (though the peanut butter has enough oil in it to provide the creaminess -- this is just to sneak in some Omegas -- so if you don't have any, no worries)

Blend 'er up!

Fit for a princess!


No comments:

Post a Comment