Pages

Tuesday, November 5, 2013

Just Kidding!

Little Miriam's personality is really coming out. And I'm lovin' it!

Today, she repeatedly did the following:

"Waaa-waaaa" (real, true, crying-sobbing tantrum)

Then, suddenly:

Bright eyes, sweet smile, and she joyfully says: "Just Kidding!"

It made me laugh with delight! Woo-hoo!

She found her switch! And she's using it. I am determined to follow her example next time I'm wailing and whining and complaining... which is more often than I care to admit.

(She just performed this again WHILE I was typing this! I probably shouldn't test her limits...)

Post Script: Another awesome characteristic that is coming out in this sweet girl is peacemaking. The other day, I told her she was funny. She said, "No, you're funny!"

I countered with "No, you're  funny!" And she followed it up with, "No, you're funny!"

I chose to continue the argument, and told her once again, "No, you're funny."

And this wise child put both hands on my cheeks and said, "Mom, how 'bout we BOTH be funny!"

Okay, Miriam.


No comments:

Post a Comment