Pages

Sunday, November 17, 2013

Lime Smoothie

I never knew I liked lime before being introduced to Raw Melissa's yummy Lime Mousse. Upon tasting this delectable dessert, I discovered that I am actually a bit of a lime addict. If my name were Richard, I'd have to go by Lime Ricky.

I love Lime Mousse so much, I decided to create a version of it that is just as tasty, drinkable, AND breakfast-worthy!

Yummarific!

I think I'll call it: Lime Regan.

Here goes!

NOTE: This is written up in the Clueless-Mama-Smoothie-style of non-specific measurements... first, I give my apologies to those of you who aren't comfortable cooking this way; second, to those same people, I give a dose of empowerment to experiment and love your creations!

Stuff a big handful of spinach into the bottom of the blender.

Add several chunks of frozen bananas (1-2 bananas-worth). (Buy those brown-spotty bananas on sale; peel and chunk them into freezer-zipper bags and they'll wait patiently in your freezer for these opportunities to grace your smoothies with their goodness!) If you don't happen to have any frozen ones, a fresh one will do, but your final product won't be very cold. Meh.

After removing the peel and the pit, put an avocado in. (Yes, an avocado!)

If you have 3-5 fresh limes, squeeze as much juice as you can out of them, allowing as much pulp as you like to fall in as well.

No fresh limes? Use about 1/2 a cup of ReaLime Juice (more or less, to taste -- I like mine tangy!)

2-3 Tablespoons of Honey

1/3-1/2 cup of almond milk (or other milk)

a 1/4 teaspoon of salt helps the lime flavor come out!

Finally, if you are looking for ways to sneak Flaxseed Oil into your diet, this is a perfect time to throw in a dollop. If you don't have it, don't stress -- the avocado provides a lovely texture without additional oil. (Did you know that oil serves that purpose??? Yup, oil is an emulsifier and makes things like Frosty's thick and smooth)

And there you go!  Blend it up and enjoy! Miriam did!




No comments:

Post a Comment