Pages

Friday, October 18, 2013

More Green Yumminess

I shared a post a little while ago about Going Green -- in the sense of eating more Green stuff...

This is quite a transition for me. I think it's quite possible that one of the reasons I suffer from the conditions that I do is because I didn't eat fresh fruit or veggies AT ALL as a youngster -- as in, before age 30.

I had one of those bodies that was so resilient, I could get away with eating anything and everything and not put on much weight or get too bad of acne or whatever else it was that people complained about if they ate the wrong foods.

Now, I didn't get a different body at age 30 -- but I definitely started noticing some negative issues going on... and a little something in my head started buggin' me, sayin' that maybe all those years of not giving myself high quality nutrition was coming back to haunt me.

So, I have embarked upon a Green Adventure!

Well, okay, Green is simply ONE of the possible markers to help me know what I need to be eating to treat my body better. Other key words might include: Fresh! Able-to-rot! Plant-based! Natural! Whole! Unprocessed!

It's a process, of course. Like all of life. I set myself on the path, and when I stray, I try to make sure I can at least see the path so I can mozy back over when I have the will. 

Here is something I had fun making AND eating! A pasta salad, with salsa as the sauce instead of mayo. Beans!! Yes, the magical fruit! And corn. And cilantro. And the black olives and grape tomatoes kind of smiling together with the avocado slices on top:



I think it turned out pretty as well as tasty. And that is helping me love eating healthier!

No comments:

Post a Comment