Pages

Sunday, October 27, 2013

Children as Ministers

Today, Church was a little different.

The children, ages 3-11, gave the majority of the presentation.

So, okay then, it was a LOT different!

Our church generally has a variety of speakers. Our lay clergy doesn't have to sermonize much -- they simply ask two or three other adults to prepare 15-20 minutes worth of wisdom on a given topic, and over the course of a few years we get to hear from a high percentage of the congregation.

Once a year, we get to hear from the little ones.

The ones so fresh from heaven... When they sing "I am a Child of God," it's possible that their pre-mortal memories are still vaguely visible to their faithful spiritual eyes.

My two-year old really loves this song. In fact, if I am singing any other song, she says, "Mom, I don't like that song. I like I am a Child of God!" and she'll break out in her own special harmony.

She saw the other kiddos singing up there today and said, "I want to be up there and sing."

She would have fit right in, with her halo of golden hair.

Those children were amazing! They were led by amazing women, who gave their talents and leadership to inspire these children to stun the ward with their awesomeness.

Even more amazingly, it didn't stop there. We all felt the awe as the children's voices led us closer to our Savior... dare I say, closer than sermons written by adults will do.

Thank you, God, for giving me precious relationships with these, thy children. And thank YOU, my sweet children, for giving me a stronger relationship with our God. 

No comments:

Post a Comment