Pages

Tuesday, October 15, 2013

Going Home

What fun we had today at the Corn Maze!

Is this just a Utah thing, or do lots of states do this? I grew up in Indiana, which is supposedly known for its corn crops, but I don't remember anything like this...



Here's a link so you can see what it was we were doing -- isn't it awesome?! Talk about Creative Use of an Old Field... I'm impressed. Makes me look at the world in a whole new way... what kinds of wild events are just waiting for our ingenuity to look at life with new possibilities?

Anyways, that wasn't REALLY the deep thought I intended to share -- this was:

As we wandered around the maze -- which, by the way, we were very glad to be doing our wandering in the daytime -- we had fun, even though we were lost from the moment we entered.  Luckily the maze is big enough that we didn't get dizzy as we went in circles among the cornstalks.

Eventually, we decided to stop passing the same sign and just head back to the beginning and go home.

My sweet four year old grabbed his cousin's hand, and gave her this look of excitement, and exclaimed, "Yes! We're all done being lost! We get to GO HOME!!!"

That's my goal as a Mom, as a homemaker... Home will be the place my children will be thrilled to come to when they're all done being lost (even if being lost was fun for a while).

Homemaker. HOME - MAKER. It's not a fuddy-duddy in an apron from a '50s sitcom!!!  It's a beautiful thing to get to MAKE a HOME -- after all, there's no place like home. May my children always want to come home!

2 comments:

  1. I love Cornbelly's! We are going there Thursday. I love reading your posts, keep them coming!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This is Amy, I don't know how to get it to show that here on my phone.

      Delete