Pages

Saturday, October 26, 2013

Chocolate

What is it about chocolate?!?

Why does it hold me in its evil grasp??

I am suffering today because I had chocolate for breakfast.

I know, I know, that's my own darn fault. I can control what I put in my mouth!! (Or can I?)

That seems to be the problem with chocolate. I just don't seem to have any self-control when it comes to this particular bean.

Well, in all honesty, I'm an all-or-nothin' kinda gal. If I've sworn it off, I can succeed in not eating it. But if I've decided to allow myself an indulgence, it takes over my whole life. And I end up eating it for breakfast. ARGH!

Oh, I quickly followed it up with somethin' healthy, but it's done its damage... and made me want more.

Instead of giving in to the calls from the cupboard, I'm blogging about it! Gotta find me some support. I know you're out there, fellow choco-holic mamas.

How do you successfully control your cravings? Or do you?!?

Should I just give in?

My cute little niece, Lucy, would say yes.

She's a twin. Her twin brother, Benjamin, and she were celebrating their fifth birthday at my house. When the ice cream was all gone and the only thing left in the bowl was the hot fudge sauce, I asked if I should clean it up or if she wanted to just eat up the chocolate-ness.

Lucy exclaimed:

"Yummmm... chocolate-ness! Welcome to my world, Benjamin!"

No comments:

Post a Comment