Pages

Saturday, March 23, 2013

CLAP at Chitty-chitty BANG BANG

So, I've had rhyming mantras on the brain since Amy's comment requested more... and today I had the thrill of joining my family to see Chitty-chitty Bang-Bang at a LIVE THEATER -- how crazy is that?!

Our neighborhood theater is really quite high class, and generally they enforce an age limit. Today's performace was a special matinee when little ones could attend. I told my three-year-old that we were going to attend a play and could see the confusion in his eyes as I used this verb as a noun. I tried to explain: "It's like a movie, only in real-life!"

What fun to get to see his reactions to the costumes and the dancing and the fog and the incredible props -- including a flying car! Tickets weren't cheap, but I think it was worth every penny... We asked my husband's parents for help with the cost as his gift for Christmas -- thank you, wonderful in-laws! It was magical! (Oh, and the 3 y.o. is generally afraid of bad guys, but we met the Child Catcher afterwards, and my son reported to his grandmother that he was nice to us!)


Since I knew we would be coming home to do chores, ummm, I mean, BIG Bless Our House (what we call the Saturday, more-thorough version of housecleaning) I was excited to hear some good inspirational words...

Teamwork can make a dream work, if we all pitch in and try.
Teamwork can make a dream work, and no mountain is too high!

I must say... I LOVE the concept of a FAMILY TEAM!!!  Maybe it's the cheerleader in me that never really got to come out... although, I was a matmaid for the high school wrestling team (and we took state!) Anyways, teams are a great analogy, because every member of a team has a different role, but every member has the same goal!
© Paha_l | Dreamstime Stock Photos & Stock Free Images

Another couple of phrases that I like for those times when we're rolling up our sleeves and working:

"We're workers, not whiners!" (alliteration is almost as good as rhymes, right?)

"Things don't have wings, they can't fly back to shelves all by themselves" (lyrics from Wee Whispers)

How about you, friendly readers?! What kinds of clever rhymes or alliteration or otherwise have you found to be useful in the quest to motivate and inspire your family team?

No comments:

Post a Comment