Pages

Thursday, March 28, 2013

Picnic with Pie

Woo-hoo! Nice weather, finally! My little ones and I have spent so much time outside these last couple of days that we're a little bit sunburnt... this Clueless Mama has a hard time remembering sunscreen the first few days of spring, but after a few painful days of peeling skin off my nose, I do better.

The label of today's post, Picnic with Pie, may be slightly misleading. You might think we ate Pie when we had a picnic. But that would have been terribly sad, because Pie is one of the live beings in this picture:

Please don't eat Pie.
Riding a peacock on the carousel at the zoo
Not the blond one. The one in the water. Yes, Pie is a fish. The blond one is the proud owner -- and namer! He just purchased this fish yesterday -- it is the mom-approved pet that he bought with his own Bank of Dad money from doing a CLAP interview! So of course Pie has to do everything with us, including going on a picnic. His owner is PROUD as a PEACOCK!

When we showed up at the park yesterday, where we haven't been since August, my three-year-old looked around and a sense of familiarity came over him and he declared: "I remember this park from my childhood!"



What fun! I hope that my children will have happy memories of their youth that will carry them through any tough times that might lie ahead in adulthood. And they won't be too embarrassed by the pictures I post of them on this blog of the time they wore a BEAR BUTT in public...

No comments:

Post a Comment