Pages

Wednesday, May 1, 2013

WEDNESDAY: not really hump day

This post, along with the first two this week and the next three, were actually written on Sunday, April 28. Since we are celebrating Screen-Free Week I had to train myself on how to use the "scheduling" button -- and I guess I won't know if I succeeded until I get back online Monday, May 6th...

We held a planning meeting of what to do on Wednesday, May 1st, instead of watching TV or writing up blog posts or checking facebook. Each child got to determine activities for their specific day, and today was TJ's day! He planned:

  • Alone Time (this is when we each pick a corner of the house and enjoy some peace and quiet -- I should dedicate an entire blog post to it, because it's really one of my favorite ways to treat the madness that can take over in our large household -- and even the kiddos like it!)
  • Play basketball with Daddy
  • Go to Scouts (this is every Wednesday anyway, but hey, it's Screen-Free!)
TJ and Truman are the ones who head off to Scouts, so I'll have to have some activities in mind since I'll be home with the rest of the kiddos. OBVIOUSLY I won't have time to fulfill ALL of my screen-free drams, but I've narrowed it down to a few things we'll pick from:

  • eat I-Screem (I just spelled Ice Cream wrong so it would look closer to Screen, but it's still NOT screen so we can have it during Screen-Free week, right?!?!)
  • Make some kind of yummy treat together from scratch (maybe Secret-Ingredient Fudge?!)
  • Dig in the Garden (I hope it's good weather)
  • Make up poetry about our family
  • Sidewalk Chalk!
  • Fly a kite!
  • Make puppets out of socks and have a puppet show
  • Go visit random old folks at a nursing home (though we don't want to confuse them into thinking we're relatives that they have forgotten)
  • Blow Bubbles
  • Play musical instruments together
What's on your Screen-Free Wishlist?!?

No comments:

Post a Comment