Pages

Tuesday, April 30, 2013

TUESDAY: Yes, we survived day one

NOTE: I wrote a week's worth of posts on Sunday, April 28, as though I could see into the future. Then I used the fancy-schmancy scheduling button so that they will post themselves through out Screen-Free Week cuz hey, I gotta commit to it in order to get my kids to commit! So you won't get a freshly-written post until next Monday, May 6, when I will report on how it went... if I can remember...


So, instead of watching TV or writing up blog posts or checking facebook, our family planned to do these things on Tuesday, April 30:
  • Make paper-bag costumes and do a parade
  • Invite our cousin over to teach us how to dance
  • Go roller-skating
  • Daddy takes TJ to the temple
I must confess that as we made these plans, I whined within myself: "Go roller skating??? That costs money and requires energy..."

I changed my attitude though, something I often require my children to do.  I learn so much from them. And hey, it's not like we do screen-free week very often! We can splurge for a good cause.

No comments:

Post a Comment