Pages

Tuesday, April 2, 2013

Stealth Eating

Stealth Eating... if you were a kid, wouldn't this sound intriguing?!

Well, that's my goal... intrigue my kids into better behavior. I've tried nagging. Doesn't work.

So any guesses on what Stealth Eating might be?!

It's related to being a Mess Magician -- but aimed at a slightly older crowd. A crowd that now knows magic isn't about a wand or a wizard's hat. And yet the crowd is still young enough to be willing to use the Mary Poppins Mentality -- "Snap! The Job's a Game!"

My older batch of kiddos are able to help themselves in the kitchen. When their seemingly bottomless pits of tummies have the teensiest bit of space open up, they ask themselves, "Why wait for a meal? I can reach the graham crackers and milk by myself!"

Fellow mothers, have you ever cleaned up graham cracker crumbs soaked in milk that got spilled on the counter? If Elmer's Glue employees are reading this blog, here's a hint as to how you could improve your product...

So, children, (humming Mission Impossible theme song), your mission, and you need to accept it so Mom won't self-destruct, is to CLEAN UP AFTER YOUR SNACK! If you can reach the graham crackers and milk, you can also reach the sink and the washcloth!

Stealth Eating: Eating so that Mom can't tell you were ever in the kitchen! Yes, you CAN do it! Just like the Stealth Bombers that fly in the sky unnoticed! Like in this picture:
© Digikhmer | Dreamstime Stock Photos & Stock Free Images

2 comments:

  1. I think this can become a wide-spread mission! I am not opposed to my children eating, I am just opposed to the mess.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ya know, maybe we SHOULD be opposed to our children eating. Then there would be no mess -- PLUS they would stay their cute little selves forever... right?! Okay, okay, I'm not *really* advocating starving my children. Don't call DCFS on me.
      Thanks for your comment, Queen Deborah! "Let them eat cake!"

      Delete