Pages

Saturday, April 27, 2013

Help! I've Fallen and I Can't... Oh, wait, yes, I can get up!

They say that it takes 21 days to create a good habit. My 37 years worth of goal-setting experience says that's about right...

My experience also says that it takes less than one day to fall out of that habit...

Kind of like climbing a tree. Carefully choosing which limb to grasp onto and then using my muscles to pull myself up onto it can be a time-consuming, arduous process -- but falling down from the tree can happen pretty much instantaneously with no effort at all on my part.  AAAACCCKKKK!!!!

I was doin' pretty good goin' along and bloggin' consistently. Then I missed a day... but (like the title of today's post indicates...) I WILL NOT LET MYSELF REMAIN DEFEATED!

So, I blogged the following day.

THEN I MISSED AGAIN!!!

Makes me think of that song "I get knocked down, but I get up again! You can never ever keep me down!" Wanna see a fun rendition of it from when an a capella group got voted off The Sing Off?

Thanks for allowing me to pep-talk myself. Feel free to take my pats on the back for yourself if you need it!

It gives me great comfort to know that God put us on the earth knowing that we would be imperfect, and that's the reason He sent His Son. He had it all planned out from the beginning! What a blessing!

2 comments:

  1. You are doing so well at your blog!!! Sure it isn't every day, but it is often and I love it! Keep up the great work friend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, Kesia, THANK YOU for your encouragement! I'll keep workin' at it... AFTER next week (since it's SCREEN-FREE WEEK!!!)

      Delete