Pages

Friday, April 19, 2013

There is Music in My Soul Today

When a child is whining at me, I sing at them.

When I feel like yelling at a child, I switch to my best opera voice and belt it out.

When two of my children are arguing with each other, I tell them they can continue, but only on key...

Songs help our family deal with stress. That is the magic of music!

Yes, it's silly. Yes, I embarrass myself and my children... often... Yet, it is all worth it when the youngest among us starts to carry her own tune and join in with our parenting parodies.

Most of the time, our songs are one-hit wonders, inspired by the momentary circumstances, performed brilliantly but once, then lost to the abyss where all sound waves go.

Sometimes, though, they stand the test of time -- particularly for the very repetitive things that happen several times a day.

Here are a couple of the songs we've made up:

On the way to the Diaper Changing Table:

A Clean Diaper Makes You Feel Fresh and New
A Clean Diaper Makes You (sniff sniff) Smell Better Too
A Clean Diaper
A Clean Diaper
A Clean Diaper for YOU! Woo-hoo!

While wiping a child's face and hands after their meal:


I Like to Be Clean (yeah, yeah, yeah)
I Like to Be Clean (yeah, yeah, yeah)
Wipe Me Off so I'm not dirty,
Wipe Me off, Cuz I Like to be Clean!


No comments:

Post a Comment